Eketāhuna Post Office Opening 1901 and a telephone exchange established at the Post Office.
Eketāhuna Post Office July 1905 Photograph by Robert Wllis
After First Extension
After Second Extension in 1910.
A view down Bridge Street before 1927 when the Sacred Heart Catholic church was moved to Anderson Street. The Post Office is on the right and at the end of the street the Parkview bridge can be seen. After the 1934 earthquake the top flooor of the Post Office was replaced, built in wood, and then in the 1942 earthquake the entire west wall of the Post Office crashed outwards and the entire building had to be demolished.
Location of the old Post Office street frontage. Eketāhuna's last post office was closed in 1989.